Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I didn't know 6 weeks ago

Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how precious 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep really was.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how easy errand running was, 3 stores one hour, no problem.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how much I could do with one hand.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how to change a diaper in my sleep, with little light.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how to mix formula.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how wonderful a 10 minute shower really was.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how to swaddle a baby.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how much easier it was to cook dinner.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't wake up with every little noise I thought I heard.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how much diapers cost.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know how amazing it is to hold a newborn for days on end.
Six Weeks Ago, I didn't know that taking care of an infant would feel the nurture needs that I didn't know existed.


Six Weeks Ago, going out was nothing but fun, today it is a worry of germs.

Six Weeks Ago, getting ready for the day was shower, hair styled, makeup done, clothes matching, jewelry on, today getting ready is a shower and clean clothes.

Six Weeks Ago, I knew I had great friends, today I know my friends worry and care about me and are sincerely there to pull me through the dark and celebrate the joy.

Six Weeks Ago, I knew my family cared and was there, today I know that they are working towards my happiness and are always be behind me.

Six Weeks Ago, I knew that birth parents loved the babies they placed for adoption, today, I remember the look on their face, and love in their eyes and hear the gentle plea to always take good care of her.

Six Weeks Ago, I loved Karst because of the wonderful man and husband he was, today I have fallen in love all over again watching him be a daddy.

Six Weeks Ago, I woke up and took care of me first, today it is me last, and more fulfilling.

Six Weeks Ago, I couldn't call myself mommy, today I can't stop.

I can't wait to see what I learn in the next 6 years from Charlee!!

11 comments:

dust and kam said...

Amazing post. I love it. I love that you are a mommy and I love that Karsten is a daddy. Love it!

Unknown said...

this is a GREAT post! it is amazing how much you can grow in just SIX weeks!!!!

I still need to meet this princess of yours!!! she is beautiful!!!

Naomi said...

That is so sweet! You can always but into words what no one can. I love you and how cute you guys are with the sweet little girl.

Naomi said...

That is so sweet! You can always but into words what no one can. I love you and how cute you guys are with the sweet little girl.

Susan said...

You are so good at words! I think all those things but it is hard for me to explain! Thanks for putting all the love for child into words!
Merry Christmas to your whole family!
Susan

Leisha said...

Really the best six weeks! Although I miss my friend :-) We need to get together and chit chat in the driveway or something. I realize that six weeks ago that was easier to do into the wee hours of the morning. Let's at least chat on the phone.

Leisha said...

P.S. The hair! Is is just amazing. I love it. She hasn't lost a bit.

DenisonChangos said...

Isn't motherhood so much fun.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

That is the cutest post ever and very true. I can't wait to meet that cute little Charlee

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim you put this so well! I remember those days...hold on to them! Charlee is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Melissa said...

So...I'm a little late, BUT....

Very sweet post. Loved it.

And that girl of yours is GORGEOUS.