Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

So . . . this weeks Wacky Fact, one of our quirks.  I am sorry to say, I don't have any pics yet for this, but maybe I'll find some.  

Anyway, I would subtitle this locks. 

Karst needs the house to be locked at all times, seriously no joke, there has been a few times I have ran outside to the garbage or the mail and Karst has locke
d the door.  If we are walking something over 2 houses to our neighbors even if we will be back in 3 minutes, the house needs to be locked.  At firs,t it made me a little crazy, but after eight years I accepted the fact that our house will always be locked. And lucky for Karst I have never been locked out of the house when he wasn't there.

However I can't tell you the number of times I have came home, probably had to go the bathroom or some "emergency" and left my keys in the door.  Once when we were living in apartments, someone knocked on my door, to tell me my keys were still in the door.  I could go on and on, of all the times I have lost my keys, but we'll save that for another blog. 

The irony, is that the only thing I keep locked at all times is my car, even when it is in the locked garage it is locked, Karst's truck not locked. Kim's car always locked.  And in the last 2 months, I have locked my keys in my car 4 times and one of those while my car was running.
 How many times have I ever locked my keys in the car? Probably a couple of dozen.  

So now you know, our doors are always locked, except if Kim's home by herself, then its a toss up, what she is doing, and Kim's car is always locked even if her keys are in there.  See you next week.

1 comment:

Mackey Family said...

I can totally relate to this. Our home is always locked and if we have left to go somewhere and Travis thinks there is a chance he forgot to lock the door, we have to go back home just to check.