Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sewing with 5 Year Old

In the middle of the selling, and moving chaos we stopped to do a little sewing.  Charlee was so excited she got to use Grace (the name of my sewing machine). 

I love teaching her new things and watching her learn.  She is slow but percise.  She is more patient then me.
We measured and cut out the fabric for our project

Then we did the pinning. Because you have to learn the basics right.

Look at those big 5 year old girl hands practicing sewing straight. And that foot pushing in the pedal

We took it slow and steady she kept it on the right seem allowance.  It took a little over an hour.  Time well spent.


Charlee's first sewing project was a little pillow for her Birth Mom Elle, she was so excited to give it to her.  I messed up the finish edge, but Charlee's seams were perfect.

I am so glad I took a moment out of my craziness right now to do this.  Who knows maybe next time we'll attempt a pillow case.  Sorry we are not taking any orders right now, and will not be opening an Etsy shop . . . yet.

No comments: