Tuesday, March 4, 2014

When He Spoke My Love Language . . .

I am not a Valentine’s Day fan, the expectations get out of control. I am ok with little or nothing on Valentines, a card is perfect.  On the years I do get gifts, most of the times it is a mix CD, which I love and listen to in my car, they make me feel connected when we are apart throughout the day.



The morning of Valentines, I was not expecting anything and was surprised to get one of the best gifts I have ever received.  It came in the form of an email.  It was an eReceipt for some Hockey Game Tickets; row 1 in the corner, seats 2, 3 and 4, Utah Grizzlies vs. Alaska Aces.  Karst is a genius and got me a gift only he knew I would love but never spend the money on.

The game was this past Saturday and it was everything I dreamed it could be plus so much more.  Siting rink side you can feel the chill of the ice coming through the floor.  You see the expressions and the effort of the players, hear what the players are saying and when the excitement builds you get to pound on glass. You can feel the force of the players as they checked each other, hear the puck as it bounces off the side boards. Sharing such an experience with Karst and Charlee was the cherry on top.  

I really loved every moment of it.  Even though we sat by crazy 50 year old lady, a school teacher from Rock Springs, with bad breath, who talked to us like we had never seen hockey.  The game was intense, the Grizzlies had lost to the Aces the day before and they were in for the win, it was tied a couple times and the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period we finally pulled ahead and kept the lead 4-3. Charlee said I was screaming too loud.


Today I wanted to let you know that this year for Valentines, Karst spoke my Love Language and got me Rink Side Hockey Tickets!! I am a very lucky girl!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just think you guys are soooo cool!
I mean! Hockey! You guys are awesome!